Subject: Image Processing
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 1995 18:40:51 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I am moving forward
with this and may actually be able to fashion a rather crude image
processor in Amos. All I meant by luminance is the brightness of the
pixel. Perhaps that is referred to as luminosity, dunno. The idea is
to smooth out a mottled dark background in the frame to colour zero
by zapping the pixels without any bright neighbors.

I now know how to pull a hex value from a given pixel. It'll be in
the form of a string and look like "FG3" or "2B2" or something like
that. I understand what you all were saying about getting the brightness
of the pixel by adding up, (and squaring), and dividing by 3. That would
give me a number which tells me the brightness of the pixel. That is
what I am trying to do.

However I don't know how to separate and pull a 0 to 16 value from
the "F" and the "G" and the "3" of the "FG3" string. This is not the
sort of programming at which I am good. I just need the line of code
to get these 3 values, average them, set a minimum threshold to kill
the pixel to zero, and then I'll run the procedure about 1,200,000
times to process each pixel in my 70 frame animation.

Hmm, may have to go out and grab a bite in the meantime, what?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the Desk of Daniel Miller, Starving Artist/Parched Writer/Amiga User
-------------------------------------------------------------------------